We believe that God wants to take care of our needs and give us enough to share with others, too. Money is most valuable when it is put to work helping people. As individuals and as the church, it is our privilege to give generously to people in need; locally, regionally, nationally, and abroad.
Generosity and service are at the heart of Metro Life Church. We believe one of the best ways to make a difference in someone’s life is to demonstrate the love of God through generosity.
When you give to Metro Life Church, 20% of every dollar given goes directly into World Missions and Outreach. We partner with nonprofit organizations locally and globally to change the world by using our gifts and talents to serve in Jesus’ name.
GOTCHA is the local outreach of Metro Life Church, geared towards showing people the love of God through random acts of kindness. This small act has been making a huge impact around the community and the Acadiana area. Drive-thru's, restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores, and other venues have been the target for most GOTCHA's. Example: You pull through the drive-thru and pay for your meal and the meal of the person behind you, handing the cashier a GOTCHA card. Once the person behind you pulls forward to pay, they are handed a GOTCHA card from the cashier and are told that their meal was paid for by the card ahead of them (you). It's that simple!
You don't have to stop there! What about mowing your neighbors lawn or washing their car. Acts of kindness are unlimited and as creative as you want them to be. Get out there and start spreading the love of God and bringing smiles to the faces of those around you. Watch out, you may be the next person to receive a GOTCHA card!
Our GOTCHA ministry also reaches into our inner-city, providing Thanksgiving meals and Christmas presents for families who are in need. Through these events we have had the amazing opportunity to pray with communities to receive salvation and start their journey with Christ.
Because of those who financially support the vision and heart of Metro, we have extended our reach overseas and into remote places. Below is a list of our weekly impact around the world:
- Providing leadership conferences with pastors and government officials, training and equipping them to effectively reach their generation and nation.
- Making possible the printing of Christian books, bibles, and literature in multiple languages and distributing them to the nations free of charge.
- Supporting Christian radio and television broadcasts both locally and globally, advancing the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Starting Bible schools around the world, training and equipping next generation leaders.
- Helping to support Christian humanitarian organizations that are dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
- Helping to provide countries in need with disaster relief, economic development, wells for clean water, and food assistance programs.
- Training and mentoring youth that are at-risk and fatherless.
- Restoring young girls who have been victims of human trafficking by providing medical care, housing, and Christian counseling.
- Our World Missions Partners make it possible for us to continue to reach out into the remote countries and regions of the World. Your partnership is reaching believers in Thailand, India, the Philippines, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Russia, Cuba, Australia, Nigeria, New Zealand, Vietnam, Burma, Bhutan, Nepal, United Kingdom, Uganda, Lesotho, Niger, Zimbabwe, Myanmar, and Kenya.
The list is constantly being added to each year as we endeavor to keep expanding and casting the net of our influence. Together we are making a difference not only in our community, but in jungles, villages, slums, prisons, and countless other areas all around the world - showing people a better way of life!